Keeping girls in school to create sustainable change.
The challenge: In many areas of the world girls and women have no access to feminine hygiene supplies. Items used may be leaves, feathers, or mattress stuffing if available. Often they stay home. If a girl has the good fortune to attend secondary school, she may miss 2 months of school each year.
The answer: To empower women, and help eliminate gender disparity, we make and provide Days for Girls washable feminine kits to Tanzanian girls and women. Kits and sexual safety education are provided by our International Team
2017 HHF At-Home Volunteer Events: 1/22, 2/19, 3/12, 4/9, 5/13 in Edmonds, WA Questions? : Contact us
Goals for 2017: Complete 300+ kits for delivery by HHF Healthcare Team, with sexual safety education, during our Tanzanian clinics in June 2017.
Goals met in 2016:
– 206 kits for delivered HHF Healthcare Team in Tanzania. Kits provided to 180 girls of Saba Saba School, and 20 young women of Mwanza Hotel Management College.
– Cut pieces for 300 kits were given to Tumaini Tailor School to sew, assemble and deliver within their community.
Goals met in 2015:
– 201 washable feminine kits/sexual education delivered to 100 Maasai women and 101 additional Tanzanian girls and women, including all the girls attending HHF Tumaini Orphan Tutor School.
– 201+ new friendships and opportunities to further culturally difficult conversations for women’s sexual health and safety
– Empowered girls and women; improved school attendance; local women want to participate in kit creation and distribution
WOW! How Can I Help?
–Sign up for our Newsletter or Contact Us